HO Slot Racers Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Race Eight - The Father's Day Romp

2 posters

Go down

Race Eight - The Father's Day Romp Empty Race Eight - The Father's Day Romp

Post by Yoshi Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:14 pm

Simply the King is back. Despite not going perfect on the night, and not having TQ, when it came down to the finals....the King rode back into town with a vengeance.

Sarah didn't make the Feature, there was something horribly wrong with her set up that I had nothing to do with. That left John (perfect on the night), me (perfect and TQ), Ray and Pete for the Main. Even though Pete had last lane choice and what could be considered a miserable set of heats, it wasn't even a race from the drop of the flag. He ran 55 laps without a crash, without so much as a fishtale, in just 2:36.08. He ran the fastest 50 laps in 2:23.30 and the fastest single lap at 2.03 seconds. That was a full tenth faster than my qualifying time. I finished a rather embarrassing distant second, Champion finished 3rd and Ray brought up the rear.

Here are the final points:

#10 (Pete) 138
#67 (John) 131
#11 (me) 115
#10R (Sarah) 81
#27 (Ray) 61

In the Late Model Support Race it was a 3 car event this evening, the #17 and #55 were joined by the brand new #21 Purolator Ford. But it was still Pete's Stealth bodied #17 that took the 25 lap feature.

In a second support event the 3 T-Jet Legacy cars ran a hard fought 15 lap race, with Darrell Waltrip (me) making a last lap back straight pass of Mario Andretti (Champion) for the win. The #68 DASH Galaxie driven by Pete expired after 3 laps with oiling problems.

Yoshi

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Race Eight - The Father's Day Romp Empty Re: Race Eight - The Father's Day Romp

Post by PD2 Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:57 am

Great Father's day races guys and gals! Sarah, don't worry, there are still 4 races left...you have time to redeem! ;-) Very nice come back by Pete given all the car problems he had - any one check him for hidden magnets...especially with no fishtailing? HHhm? HAHAHA!!! Just messin with ya Pete!

I like the little support races - cool deal guys! Sounds like you guys are figuring out what works good there for the next series.

Thanks for sharing as always!
PD2 Cool

PD2

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2009-03-21

Back to top Go down