HO Slot Racers Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Race Seven

2 posters

Go down

Race Seven Empty Race Seven

Post by Pete McKay Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:27 pm

I finally retired "Old Calhoun", the AF/X Magna-Traction that has won so many races and no less than 6 Championships since 1988. After trying several different magnet and armature combinations and not getting the results I needed the entire chassis was put out to pasture. The brand new XT has a low time Mean Green and hot brushes and worked just fine. I didn't get top qualifier, John did by less than 3/100's of a second, but once I get tires worked out I'll be right back up there. Nobody went perfect on the night, so the only bonus points went to John for TQ.

This race makes halfway plus 1 race in this series, which makes it official. If the series were to end for whatever reason the person in the lead now would be crowned Champion. We lost 3 racers in the last 2 weeks, as long as at least 4 are entered it will continue.

In the A Main it was once again John with first lane choice (lane 2), me with second choice (lane 4), then Yoshi (lane 1) and Sarah taking the hump lane. The 55 lap Feature saw some close racing with only a couple of spins and only one need for a restart with just 5 laps to go. Everyone taped and took a one lap penalty but only myself and John were on the lead lap. When the checkered flag fell I was two corners faster than John and took the win, with Yoshi taking 3rd over Sarah.

Points now are:

#10 (me) 118 points
#67 (John) 116 points
#11 (Yosh) 90 points
#10R (Sarah) 76 points
#27 (Ray) 54 points

We also ran an exhibition of the new Late Model Class cars, we had more of them than Outlaws for this event, with 6 of them hitting the track. Track records fell to 2.12 seconds, and a three car Feature was run with the #55 NAPA Toyota Outlaw taking the win over the #17 DeWalt Fusion Stealth bodied car by about 3 car lengths. Passing was interesting because these cars hang it way out in the corners. You had to stalk your target for a lap or two and then pass on the straight, making sure you were by time before the next corner so they wouldn't lay on you and pass you back in the turn. Techniques were forged and it was a lot of fun. More testing, especially in regards to tire set up, is needed before the real competition gets good.

Pete McKay
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-03-18

https://hoslotracers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Race Seven Empty Re: Race Seven

Post by PD2 Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:34 am

Nice racing ya'll! Sounds like things are coming down to the wire! Sarah don't let them boys shake you or bother you - there are still plenty of races left in the season to take'em.

After watching yesterday's NASCAR race, it proves that you should never count a race over, till the last lap is turned....if you have enough gas to turn it! LOL!!! Nice to see Martin pull another win out of his hat for the season - he get's too many, he might just come back and race again next year! LOL!

Thanks for sharing Pete! Go Team 10R!!
PD2 Cool

PD2

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2009-03-21

Back to top Go down