HO Slot Racers Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Race Three - Rescheduled

3 posters

Go down

Race Three - Rescheduled Empty Race Three - Rescheduled

Post by Pete McKay Fri May 22, 2009 7:42 pm

Thursday night saw the cancelled race from Saturday raced, all of the players with the exception of Sarah were present. John Mears stepped in to race her car for her.

Champions new modular track is huge, but even with the added size lap times remained in the high 4 second range for the most part. Crashes were at a minimum but when they happened it was spectacular. Two cars suffered broken wing panels in tumbles, and a wild mid-straight crash between Yoshi and myself resulted in my front wing being destroyed. But we did bring extras and racing went on as planned.

I got fast time and went perfect on the night, as did Yoshi and Ron Campbell, who was driving the #69 car for the evening. Champion actually burned an armature in a rather disgusting smelling incident where we had thought the car was on fire briefly. Because the rules state that after qualifying you cannot change the armature he was out for the evening and would be scored in last place. This also meant that only one would transfer from the C Main to the B Main.

Once the mains were set the racing picked up momentum, the first ones to fall was the #69 and unfortunately Ray who was having a very hard time in the 7-11 car with the larger track. Then brother Dan dropped out, leaving myself, Yoshi, Mears and Jose Mendoza in the #2M car for the A Main. Champion asked for and got a promoters provision (he was the promoter for this event) to sub into the #2M car for the feature.

The A Main was the longest distance these cars will race this season, 50 laps on what is essentially a half mile HO track, roughly 1,625 actual feet. The amount of time you spend on the gas compared to how much you spend in the corners is amazing, you pull in for a full 2 count, burp the throttle then back on for another full 2 count. And because of the surface the cars wouldn't pitch much in the corners. I had the pole and led the pack down to a very fast start and never looked back. Yoshi and I blazed the field, pulling away to almost a full lap before the first crash at lap 27. On the restart Yoshi jumped me but two laps later I put him back where he belonged and checked out. At lap 47 my car erupted in smoke and stopped abruptly in turn 3, my 20 year old Mean Green had thrown a wire with the higher RPM of the track and smoke out.

With me out of the picture, and Champion a lap down Yoshi pretty much had the race gifted to him and took the win. The crowd thought that Champion had taken second but according to the race computer Mears finished 1.08 seconds ahead with 48 laps. Champion then logged a protest and we went to the tale of the tape to look at lap times to see if he had not been counted. There was a missed lap on lap 41, so his protest was held up by committee and he was given second place.

After the race Champion and I compared armatures, both of us had thrown wires and mine had gotten under the comm plate and burned a bit. The arm was junk at that point, but I already have a new on in my box that had never turned in a car. Champions arm is repairable and will make it for the next race at Sequoia Speedway Saturday night. I'll post all of the points after that race.

Pete McKay
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-03-18

https://hoslotracers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Race Three - Rescheduled Empty Re: Race Three - Rescheduled

Post by Yoshi Fri May 22, 2009 9:57 pm

I got them.

1. #10 67 points
2. #11 49 points*
3. #67 49 points
4. #2m 35 points
5. #27 31 points
6. #10R 19 points
7. #69 13 points
8. #23s 10 points

After 3 races.

* I have 2nd place on the basis of lower heat point. Also, Champion was 3 laps down at the end, not one lap down. He had been 4 laps down but by virtue of the missed lap he made up one lap.

Yoshi

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by PD2 Sat May 23, 2009 5:32 am

Yoshi, you have to let the baby girl race bro! LOL! Sounds like an awesome reschedule night! So is the race #4 back on track for this weekend?

Hope all is going good, PaPa Yoshi!

PD2 Cool

PD2

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2009-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoshi Sat May 23, 2009 9:55 am

LOL! Baby girl can hardly find a nipple at this point, right now Sarah is still adjusting to this one even though she has a little girl from her marriage to the gay attorney.

Yoshi

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by PD2 Sun May 24, 2009 5:39 am

LOL! It's all good Yoshi! Only a matter of time!

PD2 Cool

PD2

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2009-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down