HO Slot Racers Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sequoia Speedway enjoys 1 year of racing!

4 posters

Go down

Sequoia Speedway enjoys 1 year of racing! Empty Sequoia Speedway enjoys 1 year of racing!

Post by Pete McKay Sun May 31, 2009 9:40 am

May 22nd was the first anniversary of the first points paying race to be held at Sequoia Speedway. Some here are familiar with the bullring located at the base of the Sierra Nevada's in central California, for those of you aren't, here's the lowdown.
Sequoia Speedway enjoys 1 year of racing! Sequoia2

The Sequoia Speedway is located in the fictitious town of Sequoia, California, on the Sequoia County Fairgrounds. The track is built to represent a quarter mile oval, originally concrete but lately covered with clay. The track has seen everything from Tomy Turbo open wheelers to Tyco 440X2's without traction magnets, to XT's and now T-Jets. Our current racing consists of Friday night T-Jet racing and Saturday Night Outlaw Pancake's.

Several times a year the track holds special events, such as the watermelon roll or the boot scoot boogie. In the watermelon roll you must roll a melon for one lap around the track. The winner gets a pick-up truck load of fresh California watermelons. In the boot scoot boogie you must race others while wearing cowboy boots, stopping at quarter distances to change boots. You must finish the race with a matched pair of boots to win a brand new custom made pair.

The track has seen several natural disasters, Hurricane Smokey last October destroyed much of the original grandstands and fencing prompting track owners to totally revamp the track in November, 2008. Several earthquakes also have damaged the picnic area but those have been repaired as of this anniversary.

Sequoia Speedway enjoys 1 year of racing! IMG_0018

Sequoia Speedway enjoys 1 year of racing! IMG_0010

Other events include Zip-Zap Monster Truck events and concerts, the Sequoia Oompah Band is one of the regulars to play at the race track. Outside of turns one and two lie Pete's Christmas Tree Farm, a popular annual spot to pick out that perfect tree for the living room to stash presents under. Because of the mild climate racing in conducted year-round.

The speedway employs some 45 people, and I would like to take a few moments to thank each and every one of them personally for the last year of great racing:
Accounting:
Bonnie Ann Clyde
Owen Cash
Robin Banks

Advertising:
Bill Board

Administration:
Lisa Carr

Announcing:
Mike Raffone
Willie Whinn

Flag Man:
Ottokin Trole
Arya Reddy

Pyrotechnics:
Adam Baum

Pits:
Andy Freise
Dusty Rhodes
Jack Trupp
Phil Rupp - Fuel Services

Safety:
Barry Cade
Rex Easily
Oliver deRode

Concessions:
Hamilton Burger
Kandi Apple
Ray Zenz
Sal Minella
Candace Spencer

Souvenir Stand:
Otto Graff

Programs:
Paige Turner

Scheduling:
Raynor Schein
Darryl B. Morticome

Grounds Keepers:
Dan D. Lyons
Tim Burr
Manuel Lehba

Restroom Maintenance:
Seth Poole

Track Electrical:
Canu Cenow - Lighting
Les Voltage - Facilities
Jerry Rigg - Communications

Gates:
Perker Ford
Iona Ford
Stan Sthill - Ticket Services
Gladys C. Hughes - Greeter

Asst. Promoter:
Lew Skannon

Scoring:
Ima Cheater
Misty Lap - Timing

BBQ and Children's Playground:
Carrie Dababi

Track Medical Department:
Dr. Imen Payne, M.D.
Estelle Hertz, RN.

Track Chaplin:
Hal L. Ujah

Trophy Queen:
Miss Ingar Marbles

Insurance Underwriting:
Payne N. Diaz

Thanks again, and I hope to see all of you at Sequoia real soon.

Pete McKay
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-03-18

https://hoslotracers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Sequoia Speedway enjoys 1 year of racing! Empty Re: Sequoia Speedway enjoys 1 year of racing!

Post by Mr. Champion Sun May 31, 2009 3:27 pm

Ya' know, I got through about the first 4 names then I realized what this was. That's funny right there, I don't care who you are.

Mr. Champion

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Sequoia Speedway enjoys 1 year of racing! Empty Re: Sequoia Speedway enjoys 1 year of racing!

Post by PD2 Sun May 31, 2009 5:13 pm

LOL!! Now that took some creativity right there! Great job Pete! I heard that Seth Poole was a big crowd pleaser after mid-race of the "big one" when some teenage delinquents set off M-80's in the toilets! He really came through contacting the local port-o-potty company, Johnny Crapper, who delivered nearly 30 of his finest portable facilities! Here's to you Restroom Maintenance Engineer, Seth Poole! We salute you as the Real American Hero of the race!

PD2 Cool

PD2

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2009-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by JMears Sun May 31, 2009 9:07 pm

Miss Ingar Marbles, yeah I did her. BOOYA!!!

JMears

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down