HO Slot Racers Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bodies or RTR's?

2 posters

Go down

Bodies or RTR's? Empty Bodies or RTR's?

Post by PD2 Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:05 am

I was wondering, for each of you, do you tend to buy just bodies and swap them out with a limited supply of chassis that they fit? Or do you always buy complete RTR's - body and chassis that are ready to run?

I have just about any chassis that a body would fit and was thinking is it better to just buy the bodies now and not the complete RTR's or is it still advantageous to buy complete RTR's?

Thoughts?

Just planning for when I have the cash flow to begin buying again. Wink

PD2 Cool

PD2

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2009-03-21

Back to top Go down

Bodies or RTR's? Empty Re: Bodies or RTR's?

Post by Pete McKay Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:13 am

The only body I bought that was separate was the Panoz for the Tomy Turbo. I have bought a few resin bodies before but never purchased anything in a limited edition class to race. If there is a body, like the Panoz, that you want, I'd say get it. More and more resin casters are doing cool stuff, I just wish more would look at the XT platform for their projects.

Pete McKay
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-03-18

https://hoslotracers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PD2 Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:19 pm

I actually purchased the Panoz and the F1 Turbo chassis to go with it back when they first came out - great little car - super fast too! I agree - they need to have more guys casting for a variety of platforms, including the XT/MT.

I was just thinking along the lines of Dash, Bad Dawg, MEV, RRR, and guys like those. Most are bodies only and was wondering if it just made more sense to nab a bunch of bodies and run/race what you want with one chassis or get chassis that permanently don the bodies.

Thanks for the feedback Pete!
PD2 Cool

PD2

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete McKay Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:36 pm

Oh yeah, I have come to think of it. A few DASH cars, especially Cobra's and the Galaxie. I had a few MEV cars too but never have had any of the RRR bodies.

Pete McKay
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PD2 Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:11 pm

I like the Dash Camaros right now. Reminds me of the cars my friends had - I was never allowed to get one of those, even to fix up, due to the insurance. I got one of the Cobras via the HOHT auction custom...it was the one that I had issues with the AW/JL T-Jet chassis. Chris/T-Jet Racer hooked me up with a chassis replacement...I think its better, but probably need to see if mixing and matching parts changes anything.

Oh and of course your bodies Pete...I honestly did not mean to leave them out of the mix. They are up there with the others and definitely bodies to consider purchasing to swap with other bodies on existing chassis or get a dedicated chassis.

I guess its a matter of choice.....just thought maybe there was some insight.

Thanks!
PD2 Cool

PD2

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete McKay Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:12 am

If we ever start doing T-Jets I'm going to get a mess of the '55's to do hobby stockers. I still have my Cobra and my second Galaxie, but all of my MEV's are long gone.

Pete McKay
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PD2 Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:35 am

Now that would be cool! '55 stockers could bring back the fairgrounds racing series thought that Sarah threw at you before. I think it would be a great car and series.

My father-in-law, before he passed away, rebuilt a '55 - chassis off restore. Man that car was sweet! And with the stock small block V8 it would leave a rubber burn out at least a block long! HEHEHEHEHE!!! Fine car that he dropped a ton of cash into and saw none of it out of it, but drove it like he stole it! LOL!

PD2 Cool

PD2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum