HO Slot Racers Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"'Vedddy Inturestinkkkk"

5 posters

Go down

"'Vedddy Inturestinkkkk" Empty "'Vedddy Inturestinkkkk"

Post by JMears Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:58 pm

Since deciding that it would be conceptually "OK" to remove the neo dot from the XT Ultra-G chassis to build a 360 class sprinter I have been doing some testing. And the results are, to say the least, pretty interesting.

My old XT has about 30 minutes of run time on it, so it's nearly broken in. On Pete's track I ran well but on my test track, a flat version of Sequoia, I can run 2.18 seconds nearly flat out. I ran 25 laps and got an average of 2.28 seconds, repeated the process two more times and them averaged the three to get 2.31 seconds.

I then removed the dot from a brand new U-G, put my existing body on the car and ran 25 laps. My eyebrows were raised, but I did it two more times and averaged the results to come up with 2.13 seconds. I did the same exact thing to a second U-G car and ran 2.11 seconds. OK, I'm the skeptic so I went to Champion Hobbies and bought a brand new XT, came back and ran the same testing criteria. I got 2.30 seconds trying hard to break into the 2.20's. No chance. Now I don't know if it is the chassis, armature or what but the Ultra-G chassis, sans magnet, is a hot deal.

BTW, Ultra-G with the magnet, 1.96 seconds average.

It remains to be seen if these cars can, or should be allowed to run with the rest of the 360 cars but the chassis are the same except for the port of the magnet.

JMears

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

"'Vedddy Inturestinkkkk" Empty Re: "'Vedddy Inturestinkkkk"

Post by Mr. Champion Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:12 am

:::Note to John:::

You are running 18 volts, Pete is running 12.

Mr. Champion

Number of posts : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by PD2 Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:24 am

Mr. Champion wrote::::Note to John:::

You are running 18 volts, Pete is running 12.

OK, but wouldn't that mean that the XT would then be faster on his 18V track then his times on Pete's 12V track? Or does this mean that the Ultra-G's optimal operating voltage is 18V and that 18V does nothing for the XT?

I had a pair of these that I passed along to Pete for "therapy" and I never did get a chance to look and compare the two. There has to be something different - windings on the arms, arms themselves, brush composition, etc. Something.

PD2 Cool

PD2

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2009-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete McKay Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:32 am

Mears' track is slower because it's flat and he has to slow down more in the corners. And maybe the arms are optimised for 18V, check the ohms and see.

I'll do you up a proxy with one of those cars Paul, not sure who will be the sponsor but I still have some Penske decals left.

Pete McKay
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-03-18

https://hoslotracers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PD2 Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:43 am

Pete McKay wrote:
I'll do you up a proxy with one of those cars Paul, not sure who will be the sponsor but I still have some Penske decals left.

Dude! Pete! That's cool bro! Thank you! Do I get to pick who drives it? What a Face If its a Penske car and since I liked old Rusty, let's let Kurt Busch give it a run. HAHAHA!!! Too bad there are no virtual controllers that would allow me to get online and race from here. That would be sweet!

Thanks Pete! Your a good man, regardless of what your son-in-law says. hehehehe

PD2 Cool

PD2

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete McKay Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:18 pm

Actually I think Mears may drive it since John Mendoza bumped him out of the Pioneer Concrete ride owned by Champion. Somehow I wound up owning 3 cars on the entry list and that's not allowed. I own my Casey Luna #10, the 7-11/Bug Gulp car driven by my brother in law Ray and now the 10R Mobil1/Penske Chevy proxy. Champion owns 2 and is building a 3rd so we may get our heads together and allow 3 owner cars instead of just 2. Mears is building cars but for the next series, he's waiting for the Outlaw decals to be sized to our bodies and has Kinser's #11 already reserved.

Pete McKay
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-03-18

https://hoslotracers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PD2 Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:47 pm

Thanks for putting me on your team! The Mobile 1/Penske Chevy is cool...hope you do awesome with it!

I love Yoshi's ride! LOL! That's a great sponsor for him! HEHEHEHE!!!

PD2 Cool

PD2

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoshi Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:42 pm

A lot of us will be switching bodies when the outlaw decals become available, hopefully soon. A few of us will have two or three cars with the same driver to be able to race a different paint scheme with the same number and driver. My plan is to have one car set up for each of the tracks with the same driver but maybe a different paint scheme. The 7-11 cars were meant to be the proxies but things are so scrambled right now we're not entirely sure who is driving what. Most of this will be ironed out in the next 2 weeks.

Yoshi

Number of posts : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by PD2 Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:39 am

AH! Kind of like how NASCAR switches between liveries at different tracks and different races. I like that idea - very cool Yoshi! Definitely ought to make the racing appear different at each track and race.

PD2 Cool

PD2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum