HO Slot Racers Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What defines a Bull Ring.

+2
PD2
Mr. Champion
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What defines a Bull Ring. - Page 2 Empty Re: What defines a Bull Ring.

Post by PD2 Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:12 pm

JMears wrote:Having watched both Pete and John Champion run for a while I know what both of them do is about 80% psychological. Standing between them is like touching a Tesla Coil, your hair stands on end and you really don't know if letting go will cause you to be electrocuted. Pete's deal with crashing in qualifying at the Clash Championship still comes to mind.

Yoshi on the other hand is a quiet racer, doesn't say much at trackside except the occasional "See ya" when he passes you. Much like Hicks does. But when it comes down to it, like Yoshi said, Sequoia is Pete's track and he has won probably 80% of the races there. We have a bull ring under construction here in Bakersfield that will be part of the next series starting in July. Based on the Lowe's Motor Speedway it is banked at 20 degrees and is textured with the brown Fleck-stone paint. It looks great so far but is a long way from having lapes run on it.

Now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are! I figure that most of what Pete does must be psychological - after having over 20 years of HO racing under his belt, there is no more thinking....its just doing and then thinking of ways to pysch out the opponents. LOL!

Be sure to post up the build up on the track - always interesting to see the progress and the tale behind the build. Sounds like you guys are going to have several rings all over the place to race at - always makes for good change of scenery and racing!

PD2 Cool

PD2

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2009-03-21

Back to top Go down

What defines a Bull Ring. - Page 2 Empty Re: What defines a Bull Ring.

Post by PD2 Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:16 pm

JHicks67 wrote:Got my car tonight, black #69 Kreitzer Excavation. The next body will be blue probably since the numbers and lettering are red with white outlines. Need to do some tuning, I was running consistently in the mid 2.40's but it still has a bit of a push. It may be the plastic guide pin though, that thing is really short and it won't take much to deslot.

I only say "See ya" when I pass Pete, which is rarely. Better than the "Opps" he does when he passes me and shows me the wheel. I think those big aluminum wheels help him do that bump and run to where it doesn't completely deslot you but picks your car up just enough that you lose power for a second while he runs off and leaves you. You back off thinking you've just been crashed when all the while you're in your slot and the race is leaving you behind. At least Mr. Champion has the decency to knock you completely out of the slot and halfway to the fence.

VERY respectable run times on the track John! If you have a moment, post up some pics of your car - would love to see it!

The art of "nerfing" as I call it is one to be mastered once you are racing without thinking. You are right - completely being out of the slot and off the track is MUCH better than appearing to be out, but wasting time realizing you are not. Not 100% sure which takes more time, but I'd have to say not be deslotted 100% out of the track - at least it seems like it. LOL!

I usually just smile really big and maybe squeeze out a little laugh. I guess I'm weird like that. HAHAHA!

PD2 Cool

PD2

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2009-03-21

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum