HO Slot Racers Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's coming - Part Three (The Final Episode)

2 posters

Go down

What's coming - Part Three (The Final Episode) Empty What's coming - Part Three (The Final Episode)

Post by Pete McKay Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:41 pm

OK, here are the final arrangements.

We have a sponsor, Michael Key Motorsports of Madera, California, a local dirt track racer, has donated part of his 2009 winnings to help put this series together. The $200 he pitched in will buy the trophy, 10 rental cars, and help towards the utilities. Michael himself will field 3 cars in the series, the chassis will be built by Yoshi and the paint will be done by Motorcycle and Custom of Madera, California.

The body style has also been decided. Michael looked at what we were suggesting and asked 9as the sponsor) that we run the Rocket Concept Modified as a sort of Whelen modified class. Since that was one of our alternatives, and we already have 8 cars done, that was fine by us. The cars will still have the traction magnets removed and hard tires.

We thought of calling the series Featherlite like the NASCAR series, or maybe Featherlight as a sort of variation since the cars have very little magnetic "weight". The jury is still out on this part. Also the series will start much later, it won't be until October before the first points paying race will be run at Sequoia Speedway, which has become the official traveling track for the series. I have installed 3' high plexiglas panels around the track to keep little hands out of the layout, and it will be on display at the final two NDRA races at Hanford and Tulare Fairgrounds in October. We will be running exhibition races there, all set up by Michael and his staff.

Lots of developments on this series, once everything is settled the Sequoia Speedway portion of Make The Show will host that information.

Pete McKay
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-03-18

https://hoslotracers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What's coming - Part Three (The Final Episode) Empty Re: What's coming - Part Three (The Final Episode)

Post by PD2 Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:26 am

Meant to comment on this yesterday......
Now that is freakin awesome Pete! Congrats on getting the sponsor and what sounds like a GREAT venue for advertising the slot car series! This could be HUGE for getting interested people racing with you locally. And how cool to have a local dirt track racer racing with you! That alone ought to be great advertisement!

Definitely keep us posted on the developments! I'm liking this!

GIT R DUN!

PD2 Cool

PD2

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2009-03-21

Back to top Go down

What's coming - Part Three (The Final Episode) Empty Re: What's coming - Part Three (The Final Episode)

Post by Pete McKay Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:17 am

We've also started working on a Yahoo Groups webpage for WhiteBear MotorSports (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/whitebearmotorsports/). Once that site is done we plan to get a domain for it, and then close down this forum and the Make The Show site. Right now it's just Yoshi, John Mears and myself on the site but we've already started posting pictures of the track, cars and what was AMG (now WhiteBear MotorSports) bodies for sale.

Events will be posted on the calendar and points will be posted, all in one place. It's going to be a better arrangement all the way around.

Pete McKay
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-03-18

https://hoslotracers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PD2 Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:45 am

AH! OK. I guess I need to head over there and get connected there. When do you plan on shutting this one down? Just want to know so that I'm posting in the right place. LOL!

Lot's of GREAT activity Pete! I'm diggin it!

PD2 Cool

PD2

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2009-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down