HO Slot Racers Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi'ya. How ya doing?

+3
BRPHO
eastsidejohnny
Pete McKay
7 posters

Go down

Hi'ya. How ya doing? Empty Hi'ya. How ya doing?

Post by Pete McKay Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:42 am

Hey. I'm Pete. I'm the admin here. I wanted a place to discuss HO Slot Car Racing, and nothing else. OK, track building and tuning too I guess. Anyway, we're still under construction so stick around.

Pete McKay
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-03-18

https://hoslotracers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Hi'ya. How ya doing? Empty Re: Hi'ya. How ya doing?

Post by eastsidejohnny Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:38 pm

Hi Pete, Looks good. I was thinking of a thread for short tracks, bull rings, & door slabs. Glad you put that in. I'll have to go looking for pictures & specs now. It's amazing the designs that get put into not much space. A whole extra level of creativity.
East Side Johnny
eastsidejohnny
eastsidejohnny

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Hi'ya. How ya doing? Empty Hi Ya!

Post by BRPHO Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:05 pm

Hi Guys!

Great site so far Pete!

We have to get the word out about it!

I see John has visited today also!

I look forward to meeting him Sunday at his clubs race!

Like you guys I am into the small bullring tracks also do to limited space.

You guys would probably laugh at my set up though considering I'm still using set controllers and 1 pack per 2 lanes.....

I will upgrade as time goes on.....

Still no timing system either but hey My track has only been up about a month now..... LOL!!!

Good enough for me and the kids for now.

I will be asking you guys lots of questions in regarding to possibly upgrading it to a club racing track eventually.

Anyhow, Enough about that and Congrats on the new site Pete!

I look forward to many more good things ahead in the future!

Your friend,

Wayne Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

BRPHO

Number of posts : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoshi Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:21 pm

More stuff is going to added as needed, some stuff will be removed too. My tri-oval is being taken apart after the current series and a "Bullring" made from it, high banked style. It's better for the sprint cars we intend to race.

There's nothing wrong with one pack for 2 lanes but if you can wire it up so that one pack runs lane 2 and 4, the other 1 and 3. This way the driver next to you doesn't get the adverse effect of a power surge.

Yoshi

Number of posts : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by PD2 Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:14 am

Hi ya Pete! It's Paul and I made it over to your new site! Yeah, I know its all HO. LOL!! Just kiddin! For me, I love anything that has 4-wheels and races. So when it comes to slot cars, I love HO, 1/43 and 1/32 scale. Right now, I've focused most of my time on HO and 1/43...and more HO than almost anything else at present.

Looking forward to keeping up with everyone here and enjoying the fun in this hobby!

PD2 Cool

PD2

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2009-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by JMears Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:54 am

Hey all, John Mears here. Im one of the Bakersfield Gang but I am not related to Casey, Roger or Rick. I started racing slots about 15 years ago with 1/24th womps, went to neos then turned to HO about 5 years ago. I race pretty much whatever is popular, right now it looks like we're doing pancake motor cars, which is Ok by me. I work in Champions hobby shop part time and I'm a machinist part time. I even make some cool slot car parts like titanium axles and arm shafts. I hope to start turning some aluminum wheels this summer too. Thats about it.

JMears

Number of posts : 5

Back to top Go down

Hi'ya. How ya doing? Empty Greetings from over the pond

Post by woodcote Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:52 am

Pete's post on SCI caught my attention because I think I once drove past Fresno while on holiday in California scratch

I've recently got back into slot cars after nearly 25 years of abstinence. I really like the idea of the bullring racing and the piece on 'what defines a bullring' has got me just a little obsessed.

I'm sure you don't associate short-track oval racing with Europe, but there is a scene going back to the 1950s in the UK - mainly on 1/4 mile ovals built round motorcycle speedway or greyhound tracks. A number of new tracks grew up in the 1970s and it is still quite popular - but not NASCAR!

I spent some great days at one of these new tracks - Arena Essex - near where I grew up and intend to get to another track - Arlington Stadium in Sussex - when I move back to the UK in the fall.

Moving back to the UK also means I can get together with others who race HO cars (it doesn't happen here in France) like Deane and the EAHORC crowd. They have a NASCAR class, but no racing on ovals. So, I will follow your racing series with great attention Wink

One reason to get back into slots was to carry on the family slot car tradition with the new generation Rolling Eyes I think building a beautiful little 4-lane bullring track ticks all the boxes, as beginners and veterans can have a lot of fun and serious competition racing on a short track.

In fact, more people had more fun when I got the figure-of-eight Tomy track last summer. When the big box of extra track arrived and the track length went to 40-50 feet, the fun diminished for the more 'accident prone'.

I'll post some questions in the bull-ring thread sometime and will keep you posted with progress on building the bullring (with pictures) when I get to the UK in September.
woodcote
woodcote

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete McKay Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:14 pm

Welcome to the forum!!!

Pete McKay
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-03-18

https://hoslotracers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum